WHAT DOES THE CENTRE CONSIST OF TODAY
We cater for children aged from six weeks to school age and are open from 7am to 6pm.
- We are proud of our: Natural play environments and resources
- Four well-resourced playrooms and an excellent shaded, natural outdoor play area
- Philosophy of child-led play and intentional learning opportunities
- Dedicated team of professional, qualified caring staff with a low turnover rate.
- Delicious home cooked meals that provide 75% of your child’s daily nutritional needs and all dietary requirements are catered for
- Separate sleeping room with cots for babies
- Strong financial management decisions made by a parents’ committee.
- Government-funded 4 year old kindergarten program, led by an experienced kindergarten teacher, which is complemented by the flexibility of long day care hours.
- Fees, which are kept low through fundraising, working bees, and the support of Maroondah City Council
- Fantastic community feeling with regular social and fundraising events
Specific curriculum’s have been designed for each room.
Room 1: (6 weeks – 18 months) Our educators interact with children in a supportive, caring and educational manner which ensures that all children are progressing through the various milestones within this curriculum rich environment through a wide variety of age appropriate and safe interesting objects, textures and physical challenges.
Room 2: (18 months – 3 years) Our program provides a stimulating base for inquisitive toddlers. Focus on children’s play and individual development is enhanced by interaction with educators who provide open shelving enabling children to experience the skill of making choices and completing tasks.
Room 3: (3 – 4 years) The program is developed to cater for the needs and interests of each child and focused on what the child can already do. Through our group time experiences, we aim to develop listening skills and concentration, introduce concepts relative to pre-reading and pre-maths skills, and the ability to share information with others.
Kindergarten (Room 4): Funded Kindergarten (4 – 6 years) A play based curriculum building on previous skills and aimed at developing self confidence, a positive self image, resilience, empathy, independence, problem solving, literacy, numeracy and communication skills as preparation for school.
Meal Times: The centre employs a chef whose sole purpose is to provide a balanced, nutritious and satisfying menu. Menus are planned and we offer a summer and winter menu. Fresh produce is used and meals are prepared in a hygienic manner. Water is available at all times throughout the day
The centre operates on a non-profit, breakeven of costs basis. As we receive no ongoing financial support from Government, our entire income is from parent fees and fund raising.
We believe that the best people to make decisions about how the centre will run are those whose children attend the centre. Therefore we invite all parents to join the association, to enable them to have input into decisions that affect the way the centre runs. Once you are familiar with the centre, you may wish to consider joining the Committee of Management. Elections are held each year at our Annual General Meeting, where all parents are eligible to nominate for a position on the committee (except where they are employed by the Association).