This subsidy is the main way the Australian Government assists families with their childcare fees and it is paid directly to early childhood services.
Some basic requirements must be met for an individual to be eligible to receive Child Care Subsidy for a child.
• The age of the child
• The child meeting the Australian Immunisation requirement
• A parent or their partner, meeting the residency requirements listed in the legislation.
What parents need to do:
• Sign into your Centrelink online account through MyGov My Gov – create an account
• Select Complete your Child Care Subsidy assessment task
• Work through the steps to provide new information and confirm your current details.
This will include:
• Combined family income estimates for the current financial year
• The hours of recognised activity including work, training, study, volunteering
• The type of childcare your family uses.
For more information about this process visit education.gov.au/childcare